Sunday, November 23, 2008

Cupcakes, round two

Since I have accumulated more bag tips and sparkle glaze and have practiced with them, I decided to try another round of decorating cupcakes. I made another devil's food cake mix and chocolate and buttercream icing for the crumb coat. The decorations were also made of buttercream, but this time I used Wilton's color paste.


The colors turned out much more vibrant this time, which I really enjoyed.
















I perfected the Wilton rosette technique






and made some rosette flowers.








I also worked on my 1M swirl







And added some sprinkles to it.







The sparkle glaze is really quite pretty, although it doesn't taste absolutely great.












I also practiced the sotas technique...although something like that doesn't require much practice!




I practiced the rose a little bit, and made some green leaves to adorn the cupcake as well.












No comments: