After being inspired by a friend who brought cupcakes to class one day, I bought a Wilton 15 piece decorating kit from the store down the street and did some experimenting. I made a buttercream icing and used generic food coloring to decorate the cupcakes.
I tried a few different techniques with the different tips in the kit.
This one was my favorite.
A few days later I returned to the store and purchased a tub of gum paste mix and a flower tool set. I practiced with the gum paste mix and attempted this calla lily. It turned out alright, but the gum paste dried faster than I had anticipated, therefore cracking the edges of the lily.
Shortly after that, I got the courage to try the Wilton rose. It didn't turn out quite right, but it was fine for a first try. I gave up for the day and came back to it later.
The next time I tried, I had a bit more success. I also tried my hand at a leaf to accompany the rose.
Days 25, 26, & 27 - A Card a Day in May Giveaways & Winner! - Happy Saturday! I hope you are all off to a wonderful weekend! I am catching up from the past 3 days of a Card a Day in May! Yay! (*Click HERE to view ...
4 hours ago